Profile for Forest Hills, New York, NY
Send us your Forest Hills photos:
Affluent suburb; long known as the site of the U.S. Open tennis tournament
Forest Hills is a neighborhood of Queens. Elevation is 59 feet.
Former and merged names include:
Developed by millionaire Margaret Olivia Slocum Sage, founder of the Russell Sage Foundation
Filming location for:
· 2004 movie, "Spider-Man 2"
· 2001 movie, "The Royal Tenenbaums"
· 2007 movie, "Spider-Man 3"
Well-known residents have included:
· Art Garfunkel, musician
· Geraldine Ferraro, first woman to run for vice president on a major party ticket
· Helen Keller, deaf and blind woman who became an inspiration to people with disabilities
National and regional coffee companies with outlets here include Starbucks
Local festivals include:
- Fall Street Fair - Sept. 30, 2007
- Festival of the Arts - June 10, 2007
Dates often change. Check Forest Hills web sites and events links in the sections below.
Send us festival info for Forest Hills
Listed places near Forest Hills
Click on a group to see the items on the map
Add extra pins to the map by clicking on the list above the map.
You may click the displayed pins for more information, or search
the displayed pins by using the above search field.
Note: Neighborhood names and boundaries may differ, depending on the information source.
EPODUNK USER REVIEWS & BLOGS
More info about Forest Hills:
Send us your corrections and additions